In the ocean of search engine optimization (SEO), link building is necessary to improve the website’s position in search engine results pages (SERPs). Link building refers to acquiring links from other websites back to your website. These links are viewed as “votes of confidence” from other websites and can increase the authority and trustworthiness of your website in search engine spiders. There are two main methods of link building: manual and automated.
Manual link building is a process that involves manually reaching out to other websites and requesting a link back to your site. In contrast, automated link building uses software programs to create links for your site automatically.
While automated link building may seem easy to build links quickly, it carries a significant risk of producing spammy links that can harm your website’s rankings in the long run. On the other hand, manual link building involves putting in the time and effort to build high-quality links relevant to your target audience and can help improve your website’s search engine rankings over time.
In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the main benefits of manual link building and why it’s a better strategy than automated link building. So, let’s dive deeper into them now.
The benefits of manual link building
- Quality over Quantity: One of the benefits of manual link building is Quality. This method allows you to focus on quality rather than quantity. With manual link building, you have complete control over the websites you want to link to and the quality of the content you create to earn those links. This means that the links you obtain are more likely to be high-quality and relevant to your niche, which can improve your website’s search engine rankings. For example, you run a website that sells eco-friendly cleaning products. With manual link building, you can focus on building links from high-quality websites in the home and garden niche and environmental and sustainability blogs. These links will be more relevant and valuable to your website as they come from websites with similar audiences and interests.
- Building Relationships: Manual link building is a great way to build relationships with other websites in your niche. By manually reaching out to other website owners or bloggers, you can build a rapport with them, leading to future collaborations or opportunities. Building relationships can also lead to more organic links, as other website owners are more likely to link to your site if they know and trust you.
- Greater Control: When it comes to manual link building, you have complete control over every aspect of the process. You can choose the websites you want to reach out to, the content you want to create, and the anchor text you want to use. This lets you carefully craft your backlink profile to meet your needs and goals. You also have control over how you approach to outreach, which can be tailored to suit the needs of individual websites and their owners. For example, you can focus on building links with a specific anchor text or target websites in a particular niche. This lets you carefully craft your backlink profile to meet your needs and goals.
- Avoiding Penalties: Automated link-building techniques can often lead to penalties from search engines like Google. These penalties can be severe, ranging from a decrease in search engine rankings to being deindexed from search results altogether. With manual link-building, you can avoid the risk of penalties by sticking to ethical and natural link-building techniques that comply with search engine guidelines. For example, if you use a software program to create spammy links to your site, you could be penalized, and your website’s search engine rankings could suffer. With manual link-building, you can avoid the risk of penalties by sticking to ethical and natural link-building techniques that comply with search engine guidelines.
- Improved Brand Visibility: Manual link building is a great way to increase your brand’s visibility online. By building high-quality links from reputable websites, you can improve your website’s search engine rankings, leading to more traffic and visibility for your brand. Additionally, contacting other website owners and bloggers can increase your brand’s exposure and build a positive online reputation. For example, run a blog that covers sustainable living. You could reach out to other bloggers in the environmental niche and offer to collaborate on a piece of content. By building high-quality links from reputable websites, you can improve your website’s search engine rankings, leading to more traffic and visibility for your brand.
- Long-Term Benefits: One of the main benefits of manual link building is that it can provide long-term benefits for your website’s search engine rankings. Manual link-building techniques can lead to short-term gains that quickly disappear, but manual link-building can give lasting results. Building high-quality links from reputable websites can improve your website’s authority and relevance, increasing search engine rankings. For example, you consistently build high-quality links from reputable websites over time. In that case, your website’s authority and relevance will improve, which can lead to sustained improvements in search engine rankings. That can lead to a steady stream of traffic and increased visibility for your brand.
- Increased Referral Traffic: Manual link building can also increase referral traffic to your website. By building links on high-traffic websites, you can attract more visitors to your site who are interested in your products or services. This can lead to more leads and conversions, ultimately boosting your bottom line. For example, if you guest post on a popular blog in your niche and include a link to your website, readers interested in your content may click through, leading to more traffic and potential customers.
We have go over the 7 main benefits of manual link building. As you can see, it’s the superior choice for building a strong and sustainable backlink profile for your website. By focusing on quality over quantity, building relationships, and maintaining control over the process, you can ensure that your backlinks are high-quality, relevant, and ethical, ultimately leading to improved search engine rankings, increased brand visibility, and more referral traffic.
While automated link building may seem quick and easy, the risks of penalties, spamming, and loss of control far outweigh any potential benefits. By investing the time and effort into manual link building, you are building a more robust backlink profile and relationships and establishing your brand as a reputable and authoritative source in your niche.
So, whether you are a small company owner, blogger, or website owner, choose the traditional manual link development over automated link building for your SEO strategy if you want to be future-proof. The significance of manual link-building cannot be emphasized, with the benefits of quality links, greater brand visibility, and long-term sustainability. While it may take more effort and time, the end product is well worth it.
If you want to generate backlinks with the Old-Fashioned way, you can contact the team of Outreach Bee. They are ready to help you out.
Is Mutual Link Building Worth it in 2023? Can It Hurt or Benefit Your SEO?
10 Manual Blogger Outreach Mistakes to Avoid for Greater Success