If you use social media for link building, you need to identify people you want to connect with. After identification or buyer persona building, post content that easily gets the attention of your targeted audience. Though it is considered that guest blogging is the only way of link building. It is important to note that social media is also a perfect venue for link building. Today, we will come to how we can use social media for link building.
Social Media for Link Building | The starter
1. What is social media for link building?
Social media for link building is not a new idea, but it is often not used to its full potential. You can increase the chances of getting links from sources of many different backgrounds by using social media for link building. However, to find some value opportunities for link building, you must make efforts in the manual processes. For example, in a campaign of a product or service promotion, it is necessary that your product should be compatible and relevant to the communities you are targeting to build links. This will definitely help in using social media for link building.
2. What are the benefits of social media for link buildings
Content quality helps you build the community for a brand, and social media helps in link building and content marketing efforts. These efforts will help you boost organic traffic and site rankings in search engines. Hence, social media marketing helps to unite social media and search engine optimization. Most importantly the benefit of using social media for link building is that it is less work-intensive.
3. Strategies for building links
SEO professionals were once surveyed to know which technique is used more to build links. The answer from the majority of professionals is that social media is the most used technique. Thus, social media marketing has an important role in link building which can return you better lead generation as well as cheap customer support. You may not be able to see the connection clearly, but there is a certain SEO value.
For example, Podcast link building can promote itself like your brand’s extension, the same as video link building. However, you’ll be at major risk of neglecting crucial chances, particularly working on social media for link building. Through this engagement, you can use social media link-building opportunities like content mentions, exchanges, and guest posts. For social media link building and journalist outreach, a lot of hashtags are effective.
Why You Need Link-Building in Your SEO Strategy | Stats
Link building challenges and opportunities
- In the page ranking algorithm, the top criteria which are considered are links. Therefore, links are in one of the two criteria.
- According to SEO experts, external linking is the third and most important factor for search optimization.
- In the future, 53 percent of marketers think that on search rankings, link building has the same impact. While some marketers, almost 41 percent of them believe that link building will have less impact on search rankings.
- Fifty-two percent of marketers think that mentioning the brand will impact the rankings of the organic search.
- In the coming five years, 92 percent of marketers think that links will be the ranking criteria in google algorithms just like it is now.
- According to 13 percent of search experts, the most valuable SEO tactic is link building.
- According to the majority of the marketers (almost 51 percent), the actual results of link-building can be observed after 1 to 3 months.
- There are no external links for most of the world’s content.
- Only a small amount of content can get links from many different websites.
- A big percentage of experts in the SEO field perceive that the hardest part of SEO is building links.
- The things like domain authority, page authority, and domain trying to guess the quality of the links.
Link building processes
- For link building efforts, 36 percent of businesses hire freelancers or outside experts.
- “nofollow” links were reported by 48 percent of marketers as a part of their work.
- For building internal and external links, 42 percent of SEO’s spend their time equally.
Link Building Costs
- There is $10, 000 or more cost annually by 46 percent of marketers on link building while between 1000-2500 dollars cost is from 22 percent.
- But some dealers (almost 60 percent) have 0-10 percent cost on link building from their total budget.
- For obtaining a quality link, the cost varies from 1000 dollars to more.
- There is a prediction of increasing the cost of link building in the future by 41% of marketers.
Common tactics for Link Building
- As per 69 percent of dealers, the buying links are affecting search ranking positively.
- As compared to videos and ” How-to” posts, the “Why”, “What”, and infographics posts earn 25.8 more links.
- As compared to shorts articles, lengthy contents/ articles receive 77.2 percent more links. So for containing backlinks or hyperlinks, lengthy articles are known to be great.
- There is some ratio of including internal links in blogs as by 51 percent of SEOs, and it should be two to three links while by 36 percent it should be three to five.
How to Embrace Link Building
For search ranking, link building can be essential but also ambitious too. However, fortunately, some simple and easy strategies can help you boost your authority of sites by links. For instance, you can develop a simple and basic strategy to promote your recent posts or integrate internal links in your blog posts and websites and release unique statements or information from that others will connect.
5 link building techniques using social media
1. Start with website content and social profile
The first step to build top links using social media is to add their website to their profiles. You will then be able to share the content of your website on social media. It is the basis of building links using social media. Ensure that every profile that you have should be up to date on the social media platform. They should have a working link to your website. For instance, If you are using Facebook, then links that you have to your website should be in the places that are mentioned below:
- On the about tab, your profile is under basic info and contact details.
- Including images, videos, and anything that you post on your wall on social media.
- In pinned posts of your groups.
Then go to other social media accounts or pages like Instagram, LinkedIn, add links to any image, cover photo, bio, description, and the list. The content you are sharing to your social media platform from your site should be of good quality. Your web pages should be like along with you, and your readers can also share the content on social media easily. Your content will be more visible if You get more social shares, so build links on social media. Never stick on one social media platform; use different social media platforms like Reddit, Instagram, or other niche-specific platforms.
2. Gather reviews from your customers
Reviews of your customers on social media have similar benefits to comments on your site. For example, they will give social proof to those who are watching it. Reviews and comments also help keep your content fresh all the time, and they also help boost engagement. A question arises here that how it leads to links, its answers are given below:
- In search engines, one thing that can improve your social media profiles is reviews.
- By reviews, you can order new keywords in search engines.
- By better ranking, more people will be able to reach your content and connect with it.
- More people will click on links and promote your content by sharing it on their social media accounts with good reviews.
Now the question appears that how you will get quality reviews, so here is the answer:
- Email your customers after their purchase and request them to leave a review, or you can also call them to ask did they like your product or not, and if yes, then leave a review.
- You can also offer them something in exchange for reviews, like a discount or anything free with their next order.
- Promote on social media by posting that you also reward people if they leave a review.
- If you good a bad review, then deal with it in no time, exchange the product or refund them along with a sorry gift, etc.
3. Track those people who mention you on social media
Tracking those people who mention your brand on any social media platform is the simplest way to boost your links. You can build a good relationship with them as they already know you, and with the help of this, you will easily get the audience and earn a lot of links from them. Now the question came to that how to find them, so the answer is:
- Use Twitter and Instagram as they move fast, and so you too have to act fast.
- Whenever someone mentions you, you will get a notification within seconds to come to know about those people when they mention you on their social media platform.
- You can also use Sprout Social, Planable, Social Media Poster (by Semrush), CoSchedule, Agorapulse, etc.t to know who is trying to link with you on social media. First, you have to enter the URL then click on search. Then click on backlinks and then scroll down to the last section of results. You will now get a list of every backlink. After that, you will know who is trying to engage with you, and now, you can contact them on social media.
4. Find links to reclaim
Finding web places where you should have been connected to and ask for the link is known as reclaiming links. Many reasons can lead to missing your link, including misspellings, errors, and simply not being able to track down the correct URL.
- Sometimes the link can be missed or maybe when they attempted to connect you, and the link was broken for various reasons. You can keep track of and link with those people who attempted to connect with you through social media.
- There is another possibility to approach people who are mentioning you and connecting to one of your social media profiles. Then, you can approach them and recommend them to link to your main site instead. For all of this, follow the steps mentioned in the above section.
- You can also reclaim links using the “reverse image search”. You can easily reach out to those people who are using your images from your site to post on their social media platform, and after using your image, they are not linking back to you. Reach them out and ask them to give you the credits.
5. Brand or influencer mention
If your content supports someone’s vanity, they will be more reluctant to link to it. If you know how to use the trust triangle in your content strategy, you can get great results from this unique strategy. Now, the question arises how it works; below is the answer:
- By your content, you make sure that it will make readers aware of their problems.
- To learn more about the subject or topic, blog posts and infographics are excellent ways. If people find content that links with them, they will link to it more and share it with other people in their circle.
- Moreover, showing your strategy in examples and case studies allow the reader to like your content more.
- Please do not waste your time and ask them to share your post on any social media platform when you have them.
For this, you do not have to increase the length of your content to attract your audience’s attention, so then they will give you a reciprocal link. So if you want that your content or website to show up in search engine results and start growing traffic, you have to build links actively and use social media for link building.
9 Reasons Link Building Services Are Important for Your Business
Is SEO Dead? Of course Not. And here is what to do in 2023